Terms and Conditions
Revised December 23, 2019
II. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
III. PASSWORD/ACCOUNT PROTECTION AND USE
Amerisure.com provides online tools that enable you to manage your Amerisure accounts with Amerisure via the Internet. Some portions of this website are restricted and require authorization for access. Actual or attempted unauthorized use or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
. To access your online account via SureConnect, you were provided with a User identification number and temporary password. Upon acceptance of these terms, you will be required to change your password. You will then select a password which is known by no one other than yourself.
The User identification number designates the organization with which you are affiliated. Unauthorized attempts to access areas without proper authorization may be viewed, monitored, and recorded, and any information obtained may be given to law enforcement.
B. Password Protection
. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account number, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their password and account. You agree to protect and keep confidential your account information, user IDs, passwords, PINs, or any other means of accessing your account or any other information or content, as applicable. You also agree to: a) immediately notify Amerisure of any unauthorized use of their password or account or any other breach of security known to you regarding your account or use of your online services by phone at (248) 482-9000 or by e-mail at ITServiceDeskTicket@amerisure.com
, and b) ensure that they exit from the system at the end of each session to protect against unauthorized access.
If you disclose any of the foregoing information, you assume all risks and losses associated with such disclosure. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE. If you permit any other person to access your account or your account information, user IDs, passwords, PINs, or any other means of accessing your account, you are responsible for any resulting transactions or activities. Upon receipt of this information, Amerisure may block or temporarily prevent access to your account until the access problem can be resolved. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Amerisure, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or relating to your use of the online services made available to you through Amerisure.com or any other Amerisure website or use by any other person accessing such online services using your username and password or other means of account access. Amerisure reserves the right to terminate your online access account after a period of inactivity.
IV. CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA
You may not copy Confidential Information or disclose Confidential Information to any third person unless you have the proper written permissions and consents necessary to make such disclosures. This includes disclosure to employees who do not need such Confidential Information to perform their obligations to Amerisure or one of its policyholders or claimants.
V. COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, and other materials, on this website or any other website maintained by Amerisure, are copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned or licensed by Amerisure. No material from this website or from any other website maintained by Amerisure may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, distributed or publicly displayed, other than for User’s own use of this website. Doing so violates the copyright and other property rights of Amerisure or the party who licensed the use of such copyright to Amerisure.
Users may not remove, alter, or block any copyright or other proprietary notice on this website or any other website maintained by Amerisure. Users may not assign, transfer, sell, lease, rent, charge, distribute, disclose or market to any third party any materials related to this website or any other website maintained by Amerisure, or otherwise deal in, encumber or infringe upon such materials, or use such materials on behalf of any third party or make available such materials to any third party. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
VI. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Amerisure will not knowingly collect or retain information submitted by children under the age of 13. If Amerisure learns that it unknowingly collected personally identifying information from children under 13 years of age, we will immediately take all reasonable measures to delete the information from our computer systems and all other data systems.
VII. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
IX. NO WARRANTIES – THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS-IS.
THE MATERIALS AND CONTENTS WHICH APPEAR ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
The materials and information which appear in Amerisure.com and other websites maintained by Amerisure have been prepared by Amerisure as a convenience to you and are not intended to constitute advice upon which you may rely.
Amerisure has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to Amerisure.com, any other website maintained by Amerisure, or any third party website To the extent you are relying on information from this website or any other website you do so at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMERISURE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AMERISURE DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT AMERISURE.COM, ANY OTHER AMERISURE WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OPERATED OR MAINTAINED BY A THIRD PARTY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE MAINTAINED BY AMERISURE OR A THIRD PARTY OR THE SERVER(S)
THAT MAKE THE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. AMERISURE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT INFORMATION AND MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ARE CORRECT, ACCURATE, TIMELY, RELIABLE, CORRECTLY SEQUENCED OR OTHERWISE. THE USER (AND NOT AMERISURE), ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, OR IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, SHALL AMERISURE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, DEFECTS, OR UNTIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, OR THE USE, INTERRUPTION OF USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE MAINTAINED BY AMERISURE, OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF NOT MAINTAINED BY AMERISURE AND EVEN IF AMERISURE OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF AMERISURE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE SYSTEM ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT AND RECEIVED AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN AND STORE COMMUNICATIONS ON YOUR OWN SYSTEMS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE MAINTAINED BY AMERISURE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF DOWNLOADING OR STORING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS.
You can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is delivered to you, or you can choose to reject all cookies delivered through your browser. You can do this by changing the security settings on your browser.
Please note, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not have an optimal experience on our website, as some features may not work properly. One source of information about cookies can be found at http://www.cookiecentral.com/
XIII. CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS
XIV. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following are not permitted on Amerisure.com or any website maintained by Amerisure:
- Illegal use. Using Amerisure websites to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder;
- Harm to minors. Using Amerisure websites to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way;
- Threats. Using Amerisure websites to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property;
- Harassment. Using Amerisure websites to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another person or entity;
- Fraudulent activity. Using Amerisure websites to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters;”
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information from Amerisure websites in an effort to deceive or mislead, or attempting to impersonate any person or entity by using such forged headers or other identifying information to accomplish such efforts;
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using Amerisure websites to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, or facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature;
- Unauthorized access. Using Amerisure websites to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Amerisure’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data;
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Using Amerisure websites to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of Amerisure or any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software;
- Collection of personal data. Using Amerisure websites to collect, or attempt to collect, or harvest personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent. This includes using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or otherwise gather content;
- Reselling the services. Reselling access, any content or any aspect of Amerisure websites without Amerisure’s prior written authorization;
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using Amerisure websites for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people, entities, or systems to use the website, including “denial of service” attacks against another network host or individual user, interfering with or disrupting other network users, network services or network equipment; and
- Reverse Engineering. Reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of Amerisure websites.
- Amerisure may take any one or more of the following actions in response to actual or suspected violations above:
Issue warnings: written or verbal;
Suspend posting privileges;
Suspend or terminate the User’s account;
Charge the User for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges; or
Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
- Amerisure may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong.
XV. RIGHT TO MONITOR
XVII. REPRODUCTION OF MATERIALS FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE
You agree to not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of Amerisure.com or any Amerisure website or its contents, except as expressly permitted by Amerisure in a signed writing and in advance of any such activity.
XVIII. DATA SECURITY
Amerisure has reasonable website security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control. While Amerisure takes reasonable steps to protect the integrity and security of its network and systems, Amerisure cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining information.
You represent and warrant that any information you provide through Amerisure.com or any other Amerisure website, or third party website in connection with the online services offered by Amerisure is accurate and complete, and that you will update such information as needed.
Amerisure may make available to its policyholders the ability to make payments in connection with certain Amerisure products through Amerisure.com or a third party service provider. If you wish to make a payment transaction, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information such as a credit card number and its expiration date, or your bank account number, billing address, or financial institution routing number depending upon the capability of Amerisure’s websites and/or the payment processing methods made available. Should you make a payment transaction, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE ANY AND ALL PAYMENT INFORMATION THAT YOU SUBMIT IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PAYMENT TRANSACTION initiated by you. By agreeing to such payment transactions, you grant Amerisure the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating such transactions and you consent to the use of such third party websites for purposes of processing and assisting in such payment transactions.
XXI. OTHER AGREEMENTS
XXIII. CONTACTING US
If you need to contact us, you may do so as follows:
Office of Legal Counsel
P.O. Box 2060
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2060